For those of you who are wondering, it's just another day here in New York City.
Just another day that started out here . . .
. . . and finished up here.
It's another day filled with IVs and nebulizers and oxygen and chest PT and enzymes and antibiotics and dermatology students (not kidding) and discharges that actually happened ON TIME (nope, still not kidding) and doctors wearing "droplet precaution isolation" masks in my room even though I'm officially negative for swine flu just because I still had the sign on my door because I'd really prefer everyone mask/glove/gown up anyway.
Another day of downtown taxi rides and puppy reunions and homecooked (non-hospital) meals and comfy (non-hospital) beds and views from my (non-hospital) window and TV watched from my comfy (non-hospital) couch and maybe even some mild (non-hospital) meditation.
It's another day of gorgeous fall weather and chilly breeze and possible new developments on the transplant front but who wants to think about that kind of stuff anyway because today is just another blessed, wonderful, fantastic, flu-free day that is all about going HOME!
And home is where I plan to stay.
- I am a 33-year-old wife, sister, daughter, friend, law school graduate, CFer, lifelong student of public service, blog writer, patient, Sagittarius, reader, Top chef fan, double-lung transplant recipient (twice!), and dog owner living in Colorado's beautiful Mile High City. I love all things colorful, funny, inspiring, or needlessly sarcastic. I share my city with about 2,500,000 other remarkable people, share my disease with 70,000 other beautiful souls, share my life with some unbelievable family and friends, and share my apartment with one very handsome guy and one really fat mutt with a kick-butt personality. We make it work.
About This Blog:
This blog is about me, my life, my sometimes craziness, my disease, and my current journey as a double-lung transplant recipient. It's also a celebration of everyone out there with CF (and other chronic illnesses). It's for you, inspired by you, and dedicated to you -- the community that keeps me writing, living, and breathing.
Want to Contact Me?
Please email me suggestions, thoughts, comments, or criticism. Seriously, I love hearing from you guys!
Send all emails to:
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (117)
- Not Your Average (Post) Thanksgiving Challenge
- Live. Love. Create.
- They Say It's Your Birthday
- And Every Breath We Drew Was Hallelujah
- Love Among the Lotus Flowers
- Musings on a Birthday Week
- Ode to Prednisone: A Late-Night Performance
- We're Number 1!
- Life Lessons
- Dear Random Guy
- Peripheral Vision
- Another Day
- Keep on Keepin' on Like a Bird That Flew . . .
- Piggish Post
- Fighting CF Never Looked So Cool
- ▼ November (17)
Alternative Medicine Anniversary Antibiotics Anxiety Artwork Attitude Awards/Opportunities Awareness Bacteria Birthday Bronch Career CF Clinic CF Community CF Story CFF Challenge Choices Clot CysticLife Death Diabetes Doctors Donor Bob Drugs Dry Run Education Evaluation Exercise Family Fevers Freematour Frequencer Fun Fundraising Goals Gratitude Great Strides Guest Blog H1N1 Healthcare Heart Hospital ICU Immuno-suppression IVs Lessons Life Listed Loss Marathon Meditation New Year New York Organ Donation Oxygen PFTs Poetry Polymyxin Port Positive Thinking Post-Transplant Prednisone questions rant Recovery Rejection Research Rock CF Sampson Scar Sick Girl Speaks Sickness Side Effects Solvay Cares Stream of Consciousness SVT t-shirts Team Boomer THE Call Therapy Transplant Transplant Clinic Treatments Vertex Waiting Weight Writing