After treatments, after exercise, after family and after turkey . . .
. . . you have to take a little time for yourself.
**Note: "Cats" image originally sketched by Andy Warhol, arrangement/colors are my own. "Lotus Blossom" inspired by Turkish folk-art. "Dinner Party" image taken from 1920s cover of "The New Yorker."
- I am a 33-year-old wife, sister, daughter, friend, law school graduate, CFer, lifelong student of public service, blog writer, patient, Sagittarius, reader, Top chef fan, double-lung transplant recipient (twice!), and dog owner living in Colorado's beautiful Mile High City. I love all things colorful, funny, inspiring, or needlessly sarcastic. I share my city with about 2,500,000 other remarkable people, share my disease with 70,000 other beautiful souls, share my life with some unbelievable family and friends, and share my apartment with one very handsome guy and one really fat mutt with a kick-butt personality. We make it work.
About This Blog:
This blog is about me, my life, my sometimes craziness, my disease, and my current journey as a double-lung transplant recipient. It's also a celebration of everyone out there with CF (and other chronic illnesses). It's for you, inspired by you, and dedicated to you -- the community that keeps me writing, living, and breathing.
Want to Contact Me?
Please email me suggestions, thoughts, comments, or criticism. Seriously, I love hearing from you guys!
Send all emails to:
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (117)
- Not Your Average (Post) Thanksgiving Challenge
- Live. Love. Create.
- They Say It's Your Birthday
- And Every Breath We Drew Was Hallelujah
- Love Among the Lotus Flowers
- Musings on a Birthday Week
- Ode to Prednisone: A Late-Night Performance
- We're Number 1!
- Life Lessons
- Dear Random Guy
- Peripheral Vision
- Another Day
- Keep on Keepin' on Like a Bird That Flew . . .
- Piggish Post
- Fighting CF Never Looked So Cool
- ▼ November (17)
Alternative Medicine Anniversary Antibiotics Anxiety Artwork Attitude Awards/Opportunities Awareness Bacteria Birthday Bronch Career CF Clinic CF Community CF Story CFF Challenge Choices Clot CysticLife Death Diabetes Doctors Donor Bob Drugs Dry Run Education Evaluation Exercise Family Fevers Freematour Frequencer Fun Fundraising Goals Gratitude Great Strides Guest Blog H1N1 Healthcare Heart Hospital ICU Immuno-suppression IVs Lessons Life Listed Loss Marathon Meditation New Year New York Organ Donation Oxygen PFTs Poetry Polymyxin Port Positive Thinking Post-Transplant Prednisone questions rant Recovery Rejection Research Rock CF Sampson Scar Sick Girl Speaks Sickness Side Effects Solvay Cares Stream of Consciousness SVT t-shirts Team Boomer THE Call Therapy Transplant Transplant Clinic Treatments Vertex Waiting Weight Writing