Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday, GREAT Lungs!

Okay guys, third time's the charm, right?

I got THE CALL for new lungs at 2 pm and somehow I just know these lungs are right for me. I am here at the hospital and feeling SO good about this time, so at peace, and so happy. Today is Good Friday, it's a new season, and it's spring: truly a time of new life, new breath, and REBIRTH. I am so excited!

Thank God for this wonderful, wonderful miracle. And please keep the donor family and the donor in your thoughts and prayers as you send them love and light during this period of loss. I am praying that they have as peaceful a transition as possible, and that this holiday weekend -- a true time of New Life born from ultimate sacrifice -- may bring them the knowledge that their great gift is truly a blessing for so, so many.

My sister will update as possible once we know more and while I am in surgery receiving MY lungs! As always, thank you all so much for your love and support -- I feel so lifted up right now (as I have for the past few days), and I know that is all thanks to you guys and the prayers that continue to come from all over!

Much much love and light to all of you for this beautiful weekend!

xoxox,
Piper

18 comments:

  1. fabulous news! we're all out here cheering for you, praying for you, and the donor family! best wishes!

    Juli
    www.lifeloveand65roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news Piper, you're in my thoughts! Sending positive thoughts and lots of love across the ocean. Also keeping the donor's family in my thoughts.

    Really hoping the next blog we'll see here will be from your sister

    xxx, Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. this almost brings me to tears!
    i think today is a perfect day for new lungs!!!

    see ya on the flip side! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never posted, but follow your blog and wanted to say good luck!!! I have a good feeling about these lungs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great news! Hugs and prayers for you and the donor family.
    Can't wait for an update!!!

    www.phoenixsfight.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that these are YOUR lungs, Piper! Our God really is an AWESOME God, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
    Thinking of (and praying for) you, the donor, and their family.
    What a great day for new lungs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Good timing!
    Tomorrow's a new day and a new beginning!
    Good luck!
    All my love
    ANNIE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow your blog through Stephanie. Her Dad and I are praying everything goes well and this is the beginning a wonderous journey for you. God bless you and keep you safe.
    Candi and Steve Tutlis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piper - Jim and I truly hope that this is YOUR DAY and that tomorrow morning you will wake up with a new, healthy set of lungs. No more dry runs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooops! The anonymous comment is from Denise Fahr (and Jim too)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes my heart smile.

    I look forward to your rebirth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to read this...I was praying last night for you...and to hear that you got another call and that you feel so positive about it; makes me so excited and happy too! You, your family and the donors family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! It IS a good day for new lungs!
    Cheering for you!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying for you that this is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Piper! What perfect timing. I hope this is for real! Sending many many positive thoughts and vibes for you for a successful surgery and speedy recovery with hopefully new to you wonderful life giving lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How amazing! I read on FB that the Lungs were good :) So this is the first day of your new life~ We will all be cheering you on during recovery!

    ReplyDelete