Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Thoughts

So I thought I'd take sec today to say thanks - because it just seems so appropriate to be happy and grateful right now. In other worse....

Thank you donor for the gift.
Dr. Sonett for the skill (and his wholeER team!).
Thanks readers for listening.
To mom, dad, Joan, and Erin for giving me everything they have over and over and over again, and for the lesson in true love.
To Ben and Luke and Jules and Molly and Kerith and Erin and Gabby and all my many friends here, there, and everywhere - for countless things.
To Kelley and Jerry and Jen and Tom and Kristy and Gina and Tina and the whole Columbia crew for my sanity and for making this seem doable.
To Dr. DiMango and Victoria for laughing and always being there even when I was annoying and whiney and scared.
To Dr. Lederer, Dr. Shaw, Dr. Wilt, and Dr. Arcasoy for making me trust this could happen.
To Dr. Tsiouris for trying every combo known to man in an attempt to keep me healthy.
To cf2 and my online family for the support and the rants and mostly for letting me be crazy.
To everyone for caring enough to make me believe.
To my nurses - seriously, you all amaze me.
To God. To God. To God.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

  1. Thanks to you for giving me hope I can make it through the long,arduous, and sometimes scary process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inspiring me: to work harder, to live fuller, to laugh like I mean it, to be more thankful.
    Thank you for teaching me that a single pair of gold ballet flats can go with your entire wardrobe.
    Thank you for reminding me that this life we're given is a precious gift...worth fighting for.
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
    And above all...thank God!

    To life. To breath. To Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to thank your body... and yourself for being so strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me think of this old hymn..

    To God be the Glory great things He hath done.

    Sorry it just popped into my head, its a really old hymn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Piper (and family), for sharing this journey with us. I will be keeping you in my prayers for going home next week! Wow! :D

    ~Andee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with us. Thank you for being strong and tough and an inspiration to us.
    And
    Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Piper, for openly sharing her journey with CF and transplant with us all. :) {{{hugs}}}
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Now just don't go sparing us all the TMI details! :) You *know* us CF2Chat-ers thrive on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see that you are getting stronger every day and that you should be out of there soon. Good going Cyster!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Piper for helping me understand it all a little bit more.


    Laura Momtana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piper thank you!! you are an inspiration. Thank you for being so strong and determined!! My boyfriend and i read your blog every day and share updates with room mates, family, friends and co-workers out of admiration of your spirit. Go PIPER!! Thank you for sharing your experience. oh and where did you find these gold ballet flats?

    ReplyDelete