Well, post-transplant bronch #3 was a success today. I honestly find the naps (and then sleeping off the sedation later) really relaxing. Those are some good drugs they've got there.
My big news is that everything is set for my return home tmw. I will be back at col pres on Friday for another bronch (they are watching the mucus in my lungs to make sure it continues to clear), but docs agreed no need for me to stay inpatient in the meantime. So home to the SamBear and my pre-arranged post-tx fried chicken. I have also been given the all clear to shower! So tmw is a landmark day for sure.
Tonight I am sending all sorts of love and light to a friend of mine who is in the hospital with some unknown CF bacteria. I adore her, have looked up to her as a CF role model my whole life, and am so proud to call her (and both her lovely sisters and their parents) my friends. I am so certain she will come through this with no problems, largely because of her certainty and strength in herself. I can say without hesitation that she is one of the most driven and high achieving people I know, CF or not. I feel so strongly that God is with her right now and can't wait to get word that everything is as it should be. In the meantime, all my prayers are for her right now, and I can't wait to introduce her to my new lungs!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
- I am a 33-year-old wife, sister, daughter, friend, law school graduate, CFer, lifelong student of public service, blog writer, patient, Sagittarius, reader, Top chef fan, double-lung transplant recipient (twice!), and dog owner living in Colorado's beautiful Mile High City. I love all things colorful, funny, inspiring, or needlessly sarcastic. I share my city with about 2,500,000 other remarkable people, share my disease with 70,000 other beautiful souls, share my life with some unbelievable family and friends, and share my apartment with one very handsome guy and one really fat mutt with a kick-butt personality. We make it work.
About This Blog:
This blog is about me, my life, my sometimes craziness, my disease, and my current journey as a double-lung transplant recipient. It's also a celebration of everyone out there with CF (and other chronic illnesses). It's for you, inspired by you, and dedicated to you -- the community that keeps me writing, living, and breathing.
Want to Contact Me?
Please email me suggestions, thoughts, comments, or criticism. Seriously, I love hearing from you guys!
Send all emails to:
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (42)
- Part I: The Call
- Here's The Tricky Part
- La Vita e Bella
- Of Blessings and Battles
- Home and Love Across the Country
- Another Tube Bites the Dust!
- New Lungs Everywhere
- Update from the Godmother and Other Cool Stuff
- Arterial Madness
- All of This
- One Week Since You Looked at Me
- Happy Thoughts
- Small Blessings
- Another day, another (small but important) milesto...
- Not sure how I got here, but I'll definitely take ...
- My New Digs
- Golden Afternoon
- Hi there readers! Calm and peace is the name of to...
- Live from New York...It's Sunday night!
- Off the Vent!
- Sleeping Beauty
- Piper's out! She's in the ICU strapped up to hundr...
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Stop reading....
- Serum Sickness
- Special Delivery
- Sam, I Am
- Birthdays and Cliches
- Wearing My Heart on My Sleeve (Or on My Blog, Anyw...
- Just Another Manic . . . Tuesday?
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2009 (105)
Alternative Medicine Anniversary Antibiotics Anxiety Artwork Attitude Awards/Opportunities Awareness Bacteria Birthday Bronch Career CF Clinic CF Community CF Story CFF Challenge Choices Clot CysticLife Death Diabetes Doctors Donor Bob Drugs Dry Run Education Evaluation Exercise Family Fevers Freematour Frequencer Fun Fundraising Goals Gratitude Great Strides Guest Blog H1N1 Healthcare Heart Hospital ICU Immuno-suppression IVs Lessons Life Listed Loss Marathon Meditation New Year New York Organ Donation Oxygen PFTs Poetry Polymyxin Port Positive Thinking Post-Transplant Prednisone questions rant Recovery Rejection Research Rock CF Sampson Scar Sick Girl Speaks Sickness Side Effects Solvay Cares Stream of Consciousness SVT t-shirts Team Boomer THE Call Therapy Transplant Transplant Clinic Treatments Vertex Waiting Weight Writing