Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home and Love Across the Country

Well, post-transplant bronch #3 was a success today. I honestly find the naps (and then sleeping off the sedation later) really relaxing. Those are some good drugs they've got there.

My big news is that everything is set for my return home tmw. I will be back at col pres on Friday for another bronch (they are watching the mucus in my lungs to make sure it continues to clear), but docs agreed no need for me to stay inpatient in the meantime. So home to the SamBear and my pre-arranged post-tx fried chicken. I have also been given the all clear to shower! So tmw is a landmark day for sure.

Tonight I am sending all sorts of love and light to a friend of mine who is in the hospital with some unknown CF bacteria. I adore her, have looked up to her as a CF role model my whole life, and am so proud to call her (and both her lovely sisters and their parents) my friends. I am so certain she will come through this with no problems, largely because of her certainty and strength in herself. I can say without hesitation that she is one of the most driven and high achieving people I know, CF or not. I feel so strongly that God is with her right now and can't wait to get word that everything is as it should be. In the meantime, all my prayers are for her right now, and I can't wait to introduce her to my new lungs!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

16 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news!!

    -- Carrie (mamerth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Piper! So happy to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can't wait for your Sammy, your shower, and your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piper - Will be thinking of you and your homecoming tomorrow. Yay! What a wonderful reason to celebrate. Will also keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's blazing fast Piper. So exciting that you are already well enough to head home. Keep the good news coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no place like home, nothing like a home cooked meal, sleeping in your own bed and taking that first post-transplant shower. God is so Good! Drop me an email when you get a chance to tell me how great things are. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your able to go home! i heard a song the other day and i thought of you. check it outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qX7ZsxD3Ik
    Its a Macy Grey Song. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you great sucess as you head home today!!! Great great news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fast work Piper! Know completely what you mean about the bronch sedation - it's lovely! Especially great as relaxed sleep is a real bonus in those first few weeks... Enjoy the home comforts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piper - I just caught up (via your blog) on your tx since it happened. Fantastic news and it is my hope that things continue to look up. Thinking of you today as you make your way home. What an awesome experience. Take a deep breath. :)

    Sara Neece (formerly of the GA Chapter of the CFF)
    South Carolina Chapter, CFF

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless you Piper!! that is amazing news. If you don't mind me asking, who is the friend with the CF bug? i just wanted to know in case she was someone I could FB friend and pray for. Feel free to send me a message on FB if you want...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be thinking good thoughts for her.

    I got my T-Shirts today and they are awesome. I cant wait to strut the new shirt with lungs, will be even better when I can wear the new lungs when I have new lungs!

    keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoop whop! I bet you will be so happy to be in the comfort of your own home and able to play with Sammy and of course chow down on the fried chicken! :)

    Sending your friend my strength and prayers also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just thinking of you Piper. Hope you're home resting in your own comfy bed with Sammy curled up at your feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you can go home...great news. And shower too!! I would take a shirt if you still have any. An adult size M.
    marcia@wifi7.com

    ReplyDelete