So yesterday while I was at gyrotonics, my mother received a special delivery of new lungs!
Lots of new lungs . . .
200 pairs of them of them, to be exact.
And now we get to ship them off to you, my wonderful readers!
A few important details:
1) I hope to get all the shirts shipped off between today and tomorrow, but I have to ask for a little slack seeing as I also have transplant clinic tomorrow. When your order is packaged, addressed, and ready to go, I will send you a quick email confirmation. If you DO NOT hear from me by Friday evening and you have a shirt (or multiple shirts!) coming, please email me!
2) I will be processing and shipping orders received within the deadline first, and then overstock. Don't worry, I'm 99.9% sure I have shirts for all of you, but fair is fair. Overstock orders will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
3) Here's the sad part: something happened to the blog email address a couple of days ago and I know I lost 3-4 new emails. So please, if you asked for a shirt and haven't heard anything back from me at all yet, email me again! Chances are there is a shirt available for you, but I just never got your request.
4) Shirts are, as previously mentioned, free of cost. Donations are being accepted for the cost of shipping and printing via paypal at email@example.com. You may also send money the old fashioned way, and please email me for my address if you'd like to take that route. Suggested donation is $10/shirt, but donation is 100% optional.
5) I've already had some people with larger requests ask about another order. Stay tuned for possible post-transplant celebratory shirts (with color options!).
Happy (stylish) breathing, beautiful people.
- I am a 33-year-old wife, sister, daughter, friend, law school graduate, CFer, lifelong student of public service, blog writer, patient, Sagittarius, reader, Top chef fan, double-lung transplant recipient (twice!), and dog owner living in Colorado's beautiful Mile High City. I love all things colorful, funny, inspiring, or needlessly sarcastic. I share my city with about 2,500,000 other remarkable people, share my disease with 70,000 other beautiful souls, share my life with some unbelievable family and friends, and share my apartment with one very handsome guy and one really fat mutt with a kick-butt personality. We make it work.
About This Blog:
This blog is about me, my life, my sometimes craziness, my disease, and my current journey as a double-lung transplant recipient. It's also a celebration of everyone out there with CF (and other chronic illnesses). It's for you, inspired by you, and dedicated to you -- the community that keeps me writing, living, and breathing.
Want to Contact Me?
Please email me suggestions, thoughts, comments, or criticism. Seriously, I love hearing from you guys!
Send all emails to:
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (42)
- Part I: The Call
- Here's The Tricky Part
- La Vita e Bella
- Of Blessings and Battles
- Home and Love Across the Country
- Another Tube Bites the Dust!
- New Lungs Everywhere
- Update from the Godmother and Other Cool Stuff
- Arterial Madness
- All of This
- One Week Since You Looked at Me
- Happy Thoughts
- Small Blessings
- Another day, another (small but important) milesto...
- Not sure how I got here, but I'll definitely take ...
- My New Digs
- Golden Afternoon
- Hi there readers! Calm and peace is the name of to...
- Live from New York...It's Sunday night!
- Off the Vent!
- Sleeping Beauty
- Piper's out! She's in the ICU strapped up to hundr...
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Stop reading....
- Serum Sickness
- Special Delivery
- Sam, I Am
- Birthdays and Cliches
- Wearing My Heart on My Sleeve (Or on My Blog, Anyw...
- Just Another Manic . . . Tuesday?
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2009 (105)
Alternative Medicine Anniversary Antibiotics Anxiety Artwork Attitude Awards/Opportunities Awareness Bacteria Birthday Bronch Career CF Clinic CF Community CF Story CFF Challenge Choices Clot CysticLife Death Diabetes Doctors Donor Bob Drugs Dry Run Education Evaluation Exercise Family Fevers Freematour Frequencer Fun Fundraising Goals Gratitude Great Strides Guest Blog H1N1 Healthcare Heart Hospital ICU Immuno-suppression IVs Lessons Life Listed Loss Marathon Meditation New Year New York Organ Donation Oxygen PFTs Poetry Polymyxin Port Positive Thinking Post-Transplant Prednisone questions rant Recovery Rejection Research Rock CF Sampson Scar Sick Girl Speaks Sickness Side Effects Solvay Cares Stream of Consciousness SVT t-shirts Team Boomer THE Call Therapy Transplant Transplant Clinic Treatments Vertex Waiting Weight Writing