- I am a 33-year-old wife, sister, daughter, friend, law school graduate, CFer, lifelong student of public service, blog writer, patient, Sagittarius, reader, Top chef fan, double-lung transplant recipient (twice!), and dog owner living in Colorado's beautiful Mile High City. I love all things colorful, funny, inspiring, or needlessly sarcastic. I share my city with about 2,500,000 other remarkable people, share my disease with 70,000 other beautiful souls, share my life with some unbelievable family and friends, and share my apartment with one very handsome guy and one really fat mutt with a kick-butt personality. We make it work.
About This Blog:
This blog is about me, my life, my sometimes craziness, my disease, and my current journey as a double-lung transplant recipient. It's also a celebration of everyone out there with CF (and other chronic illnesses). It's for you, inspired by you, and dedicated to you -- the community that keeps me writing, living, and breathing.
Want to Contact Me?
Please email me suggestions, thoughts, comments, or criticism. Seriously, I love hearing from you guys!
Send all emails to:
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (42)
- Part I: The Call
- Here's The Tricky Part
- La Vita e Bella
- Of Blessings and Battles
- Home and Love Across the Country
- Another Tube Bites the Dust!
- New Lungs Everywhere
- Update from the Godmother and Other Cool Stuff
- Arterial Madness
- All of This
- One Week Since You Looked at Me
- Happy Thoughts
- Small Blessings
- Another day, another (small but important) milesto...
- Not sure how I got here, but I'll definitely take ...
- My New Digs
- Golden Afternoon
- Hi there readers! Calm and peace is the name of to...
- Live from New York...It's Sunday night!
- Off the Vent!
- Sleeping Beauty
- Piper's out! She's in the ICU strapped up to hundr...
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Stop reading....
- Serum Sickness
- Special Delivery
- Sam, I Am
- Birthdays and Cliches
- Wearing My Heart on My Sleeve (Or on My Blog, Anyw...
- Just Another Manic . . . Tuesday?
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2009 (105)
Alternative Medicine Anniversary Antibiotics Anxiety Artwork Attitude Awards/Opportunities Awareness Bacteria Birthday Bronch Career CF Clinic CF Community CF Story CFF Challenge Choices Clot CysticLife Death Diabetes Doctors Donor Bob Drugs Dry Run Education Evaluation Exercise Family Fevers Freematour Frequencer Fun Fundraising Goals Gratitude Great Strides Guest Blog H1N1 Healthcare Heart Hospital ICU Immuno-suppression IVs Lessons Life Listed Loss Marathon Meditation New Year New York Organ Donation Oxygen PFTs Poetry Polymyxin Port Positive Thinking Post-Transplant Prednisone questions rant Recovery Rejection Research Rock CF Sampson Scar Sick Girl Speaks Sickness Side Effects Solvay Cares Stream of Consciousness SVT t-shirts Team Boomer THE Call Therapy Transplant Transplant Clinic Treatments Vertex Waiting Weight Writing
Links/Blogs about CF and Transplant
Monday, June 21, 2010
New Lungs Everywhere
Wow, I am, once again, totally blown away by the response for shirts! Thanks to all my would-be fashionistas/os. Let's make this world an even better place full of beautiful new lungs!
Here's some quick info:
1) we want everyone to get a shirt, but we will be producing new versions at some point as well. To that end, please submit orders for these shirts THIS WEEK. They will be shipped out as we have them for now, and if we need a new order it will go out by early next week sometime. So you have until FRIDAY, then these lungs are hitting the benches.
2) my amazing Godmother suggested we donate proceeds after this point to the CFF, and I plan to do so. Suggested donation is as she posted yesterday. However, no one will be denied a shirt based on cost since that was never the deal. Please consider sending us some money to go towards new hope and therapies for people with CF. Fighting CF, one set of lungs at a time!
3) for those who wish to order multiple shirts at this point, I can still do that. However, just know that your order will probably ship a little later.
4) PLEASE send pics of yourselves in shirts to firstname.lastname@example.org! I'd love to do some photo montages and even use them in some upcoming CF awareness projects!
Tons of love to everyone. I feel so lifted up by all of the support, and love sending out the shirts! We will of course have some "new lungs" available as my talented sister continues her career as transplant fashionista. Also keep an eye out for glamour magazine's fashion gives back issue for something very special!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone