Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Week Since You Looked at Me

Happy one week anniversary to me!

Seriously, I think it finally hit me today: I am on the "other side." I am no longer waiting, just healing. No longer wondering, just watching in awe. How amazingly blessed and lucky am I?

I still have trouble with typing long posts, so please bear with my couple of short ones per day -- trust me when I say it's for your own good not to hear my rambling!

Today I am just grateful for time with my wonderful family and godmother, texts and messages from friends, and little blessings like the promise of Sammy at home. Oh, yeah, and I've been on ROOM AIR most of the day! I even had some coke to celebrate (so crazy, I know - call me a rebel) and of course took in some nice long naps.

Happy anniversary, lungs! I am grateful beyond expression!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Happy 1-week Lung-versary Piper! That's such fabulous news - Look at you! Breathing on room air and all that jazz. No don't worry your pretty little head about posting (that's an expression from my Mom!). It's just great to hear from you. :) YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't commented on your posts, but I've been following faithfully along. It is thrilling to read of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we were going to get a pic of you all dressed up in your new lungs, lol. Oh well ;) . Yay for "room air" and happy first week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy One Week Anniversary!! I am SO hoping this happens for me soon...:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being one week out. So cool to hear your recovery is going well and wow, room air-good for you. Keep pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) xxxxxxxxJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell Mike Happy Father's Day from me. I'll bet you have made this one of the most wonderful of his life! Mary Frances

    ReplyDelete